OUR COMMITMENT TO PRIVACY
NEAT is a federation of professional associations that serves the interests of educators throughout Tasmania. Membership of NEAT is open to all education associations. NEAT is affiliated with the national organisation, Australian Professional Teachers Association (APTA). NEAT has an important advocacy role and keeps members informed of national and state issues. NEAT offers members contact with the broader educational community and provides opportunities to share issues of common interest. NEAT has access to national projects that provide funding to support the work of member associations. NEAT members can receive insurance benefits at significantly reduced rates. This provides essential cover for workshops and conferences. For details, contact the NEAT Secretary.
What information does NEAT collect about you?
NEAT may collect and hold personal information from you depending on how you interact with us. If you use our website, that may include information that you input into online forms as well as information on how you have used the website.
When you complete the membership contact form on our website, a record is made which includes your name and email.
Other information collected
Personal information that we may collect in the future will vary depending on the circumstances of collection or the information or services that you are requesting from us, but will typically include your name, email, postal address and contact number. We may also collect information about:
• Your demographic;
• Your location; and
• The type of technology you use to access our services.
You can always decline to give NEAT any personal information we request, but that may mean we cannot provide you with a service that you have requested. If you have any concerns about personal information we have requested, please let us know.
Visitors to our website
The ways in which we handle the personal information of visitors to our website follows.
- NEAT generally collects personal information directly from you. We may collect and update your personal information by email, via the website or social media.
- NEAT collects personal information reasonably necessary to carry out the objectives and activities of our association. We may also collect information to fulfil administrative functions associated with these services, for example recording attendees of events, entering into contracts with you and/or third parties and managing relationships with Member Associations. The purposes for which NEAT usually collects and uses personal information depends on the nature of your interaction with us, but may include: registering, amending or renewing your membership with our Member Associations; managing, planning, advertising and administering programs, events, competitions and performances; researching, developing and expanding our facilities and services; informing you of our activities, events, facilities and services; and responding to enquires and complaints.
How does NEAT interact with you via the internet?
Can you deal with NEAT anonymously?
NEAT will provide individuals with the opportunity of remaining anonymous or using a pseudonym in their dealings with us where it is lawful and practicable (for example, when making a general enquiry). Generally, it is not practicable for NEAT to deal with individuals anonymously or pseudonymously on an ongoing basis. If we do not collect personal information about you, you may be unable to utilise our services or participate in our events, programs or activities we manage or deliver.
How does NEAT hold information?
NEAT stores information in digital files in a secure database (including trusted third-party storage providers based in Australia and overseas). We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Users of our websites are encouraged to exercise care in sending personal information via the internet. We take steps to destroy or de-identify information that we no longer require. NEAT may use or disclose your personal information for the purpose of informing you about our services, upcoming promotions and events, or other opportunities that may interest you. If you do not want to receive direct marketing communications, you can opt-out at any time by contacting us using the contact details below. If you opt-out of receiving marketing material from us, NEAT may still contact you in relation to its ongoing relationship with you.
Use and disclosure for administration and management
NEAT will also use and disclose personal information for a range of administrative, management and operational purposes. This includes administering billing and payments and debt recovery; planning, managing, monitoring and evaluating our services; statistical analysis and reporting; risk management and management of legal liabilities and claims (eg, liaising with insurers and legal representatives); responding to enquiries and complaints regarding our services; obtaining advice from consultants and other professional advisers; responding to subpoenas and other legal orders and obligations.
How can you access or seek correction of your personal information?
You are entitled to access your personal information held by NEAT on request. To request access to your personal information please contact our Public Officer using the contact details set out below. You will not be charged for making a request to access your personal information but you may be charged for the reasonable time and expense incurred in compiling information in response to your request.
If you have a complaint about the handling of your personal information
How can you contact NEAT?
You can contact the NEAT Public Officer
- Emailing: email@example.com
- Writing to NEAT at Post Office Box 5057, UTAS Sandy Bay Campus, Sandy Bay, Tas 7005.