NEAT Member Benefits
Membership 2022-Subscription-renewal covers the 12 months from April each year. Membership fees are currently $120 per year.
Other member benefits include:
- Automatic membership of the Australian Professional Teaching Association (APTA). NEAT requires financial PTA memberships to retain its seat at the national roundtables.
- Public liability insurance at a reduced rate and this cover provides access to additional elective policies. NEAT members can access public liability insurance for workshops and conferences at significantly reduced rates. However, this insurance does not cover students involved in activities and conference venues usually require sighting of a certificate of currency. Insuraqnce is approximately $300 per year but can change depending on the number of associations that wish to access it or the type of additonal cover, such as website e-commerce, cyber and privacy protection insurance.]
- NEAT news online and APTA briefings. APTA News-in-brief is at https://www.apta.edu.au/blog/2022/05/12/1104/
- NEAT’s strong network for advocacy of the professional teaching association concerns.
- Access to professional learning and information sessions that are cross-sectoral.
- Access to the latest education projects and project briefings from government.
- Direct input into education policy, especially in relation to teaching matters.
- Active participation in public debate on association matters.
- Regular opportunities for no-cost meetings to exchange ideas and interests.
- Invitations to advertise events on the NEAT and APTA websites and calendars.